By Millersville Historical Research Group
The history of the area dates back to 1846 when the first
immigrants found their way along the Pigeon River and settled in the area. At
first the two settlements were known as Howards and Mueller Villa, later
becoming Howards Grove and Millersville.
But in 1967, the two communities incorporated as Howards Grove-Millersville, becoming Sheboygan County’s 10th village, the fourth largest. It also brought the village fame with its cumbersome 24-letter title, the longest in the state. Eventually, the city dropped Millersville and took Howards Grove as its proper name. This book follows the history of just the Millersville portion of the area.